What steps can I take if I do not agree with the dispute investigation results?

If your dispute did not resolve your concerns and you still believe information on your Equifax credit report is incomplete or inaccurate, you have several options:

  • You may contact the lender or creditor that reported the information to Equifax and dispute it directly.  If you would like written documentation relating to your accounts (such as an account agreement), please contact your lender or creditor.
  • You may file a new dispute and provide additional information or documents to Equifax. Equifax may reinvestigate your dispute with the creditor or lender on your behalf.
  • You may request that a consumer statement of 100 words or less be added to your Equifax credit report. Your statement should be specific to your dispute.  Your statement will become part of your Equifax credit report, and it will be included each time your credit report is accessed. You can add a statement to your Equifax credit report by mail or by phone.

To add a consumer statement, you can:

  • Send it in writing to the following address:

Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA  30374-0256

Please include a cover sheet with your full name, current address, date of birth, and the confirmation number associated with your dispute. 

  • Call 1-888-EQUIFAX (1-888-378-4329) from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (ET), Saturday and Sunday to have a Customer Care agent add your statement to your Equifax credit report.

You can edit or remove a consumer statement by writing to the above address.

Still have questions?