What should I do if I find information I believe is inaccurate or incomplete on my credit reports?

Under federal law, you're allowed to dispute information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete on your credit report(s) for free.

You can file your dispute with the lender or creditor that reported the information to the credit bureau(s), or to the credit bureau(s) directly.

Visit our dispute page to learn more about filing a dispute with Equifax.

For more information, please check out this article: A Guide to Credit Report Disputes

Still have questions?