How do I request a free credit report from as a legal guardian?

If you are a legal representative or court-appointed guardian, you can request a free annual credit report for your ward by mail.

You can send a letter asking for a free annual credit report to each of the three nationwide credit bureaus.

Be sure to include:

  • The ward’s legal name

  • The ward’s address

  • The ward’s birth date

  • A copy of the ward’s birth certificate

  • A copy of the ward’s Social Security card

Please also include:

  • Proof of your legal representation or guardianship

  • A copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued ID with your current address

  • A copy of a current utility bill. Make sure the driver’s license and the utility bill have the same address.

You can send your request to:

P.O. Box 105139
Atlanta, GA 30348-5139

P.O. Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013

P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016

Still have questions?