How can I get a free Equifax credit report?
There are several ways you can get free credit reports.
- Visit www.annualcreditreport.com to get a free copy of your credit reports every 12 months from each of the three nationwide credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion)
- Create a myEquifax account to get six free Equifax credit reports each year
- From your myEquifax account, you can also click "Get my free credit score" to enroll in Equifax Core Credit™ and get a free monthly Equifax credit report and a free monthly VantageScore credit score based on Equifax data. A VantageScore is one of many types of credit scores.
For www.annualcreditreport.com, you can also order credit reports by phone or mail:
- Phone: Call (877) 322-8228. You will go through an identity verification process over the phone, and your Equifax credit report will be mailed to you within 15 days.
- Mail: Download the annual credit report request form (requires an Adobe viewer). Print and complete the form, and mail the completed form to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
Your Equifax credit report will be mailed to you within 15 days.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's website has additional information on free credit reports.