When it comes to synthetic identity fraud, the conventional fail-safes that detect fraudulent accounts are not effective. In fact, much of synthetic identity fraud ends up in the collections que. Unfortunately, there is no real person from which to collect funds because criminals create these synthetic identities from a combination of real and fake information.
Synthetic identity fraud: A look behind the mask is a webinar hosted by American Banker with sponsor content from Equifax. It provides authoritative information on:
- How organized criminal rings create and nurture synthetic identities
- Why synthetic identities are so difficult to detect and fraud losses are understated
- Future growth projections in the use of synthetic identities
- Best practices in identity verification techniques that use multi-dimensional data
- How artificial intelligence and machine-learning algorithms can help discover identity discrepancies and suspicious behavior patterns