Effective Date: September 19, 2018
- PROVIDERS OF THE ACCOUNT AND THE SERVICES. You are creating a myEquifax account (“Account”) with EIS. This Account will allow you to take certain actions related to your EIS credit report (“Equifax Credit Report”). These actions currently include placing, lifting, and temporarily removing a security freeze on your Equifax Credit Report and placing or removing an initial fraud alert and active duty alert on your Equifax Credit Report. Additional actions may be added in the future. EIS may use service providers, including affiliated companies and their service providers, to help EIS perform these actions and fulfill related functions. You acknowledge and agree that EIS may make additional services available through the Account in the future. EIS and its respective service providers are collectively referred to in this Agreement as "We," "Us," and "Our." You, the person visiting and utilizing this Site or to create an Account, are referred to as "You" or "Your".
- PERSONAL INFORMATION; AUTHORIZATION. As needed to provide the Account to You, You authorize and instruct Us to obtain, monitor, and compile Your: (i) credit information from EIS; (ii) "non-public personal information", "personal information", and/or "highly restricted personal information" about or concerning You as defined by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (15 U.S.C. sec 6801 et seq); and (iii) other personal information. By creating an Account, You acknowledge and agree that Your access to the Account and any consumer credit information contained therein is subject to Your prior written authorization and Our verification of Your identity. As such, You understand and agree that by registering for a Account, You are providing "written instructions" in accordance with the FCRA for Us to obtain credit information about You from EIS and You hereby authorize Us to access Your personal credit information in order to provide the services in the Account.
- USING YOUR ACCOUNT. Once You have registered for Your Account, You will be able to login to take certain actions related to security freezes, initial fraud alerts, and active duty alerts on Your Equifax Credit Report.
- CUSTOMER CARE. If you have questions about Your Account, You can contact Us at 888-836-6351, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST or email us at Customer.Care@equifax.com.
- CHANGES TO THE ACCOUNT, SERVICES, AND AGREEMENT. We may modify the Site or Account (or any portion of the Site or Account). We may amend this agreement from time-to-time. When We amend this agreement, We will post the amended Agreement on the Site. We will also send you an email alerting you that the Agreement has been amended. Your continued use of the Site or Account constitutes Your acceptance of the amended Agreement. You also agree to an amended Agreement if you take other actions that demonstrate You have accepted the amended Agreement.
- ACCOUNT AVAILABILITY. An Account may not be offered, applicable or available to You based on residency, age or other eligibility criteria or factors. In the event that an Account is not available at the time of enrollment, You will be notified during the course of the registration process and your registration will not be accepted. If You cannot create an Account or prefer not to create an Account, You may still be able take actions related to a security freeze, initial fraud alert, or active duty alert by phone or mail. Additional information is available in Section 8.
- OTHER SERVICE OPTIONS. If you cannot or do not wish to create an Account online or You simply want to use another method of communication, you may take the same actions related to a security freeze, fraud alerts, and active duty alerts by phone or mail.
800-685-1111 (automated system)
Equifax Security Freeze
P.O. Box 105788
Atlanta, Georgia 30348-5788
Initial fraud alert and active duty alerts:
Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O. Box 105069
Atlanta, Georgia 30348-5069
- NO GUARANTEE OF ACCOUNT AVAILABILITY. Because of the nature of Internet and online communications, this Site or the Account may not perform as intended despite Our efforts, those of Your Internet service provider, and You. We do not guarantee uninterrupted or error free operation of Your Account or this Site. From time-to-time, technical issues may also result in the unavailability of or disruption of certain Account features. In addition, Your use of an Account that is excessive or in a manner not contemplated by this Agreement may also result in an Account not performing as intended despite Our efforts. We will use reasonable efforts to maintain operation of the Site and availability of the Account. If there is a system error or other problem concerning Your Account, You agree to promptly notify Us of the same, We will try to correct the error, but You will not be entitled to any money for any system error of any type.
- OWNERSHIP. This Site contains copyrighted material and any information that You retrieve is copyrighted by its owner. You may not remove, alter or cover any copyright or other proprietary notices placed on this site or in or on the Account or related materials acquired through this site. We, collectively or individually, retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in the Account and this Site, including without limitation any information, materials, text, graphics, images, logos, site design, and the selection, assembly, and arrangement of the Site ("Content"). The Content may not be copied, distributed, displayed, modified, reproduced, performed, published or reverse engineered in whole or in part without Our prior written permission.
- NO WARRANTY. NEITHER WE, NOR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATED CREDIT BUREAUS ("AFFILIATED PERSON(S)") WARRANT THE CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THE ACCOUNT OR SITE OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE ACCOUNT OR SITE IN ANY WAY. THE ACCOUNT AND SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", AND NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS MADE.
TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW DISALLOWS ANY DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT, SUCH DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATED PERSONS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY ANY NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH PERSON IN PREPARING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING THE ACCOUNT, PROVIDING AUTHENTICATION SERVICES, OR IN DOING ANYTHING RELATED THERETO. NEITHER WE NOR THE AFFILIATED PERSONS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR OPPORTUNITIES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AND LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA) IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ANY USE OR RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION FOUND AT THIS SITE OR PROVIDED BY US OR THE ACCOUNT PROVIDED AT THIS SITE OR THROUGH ANY OTHER MEDIUM, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS.
- APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement and its enforcement shall be governed by the laws of the state in which You most recently told EIS You live according to EIS’s records for your Account, without regard to conflict of law principles.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN US. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and Us regarding the Account and information contained on or acquired through this Site or provided by EIS, including through other linked third party Internet sites. In the event that this Agreement shall be translated into any language other than English, then the English language version of the Agreement shall control. This Site may contain hyperlinks or other references to third party Internet sites that EIS does not own or operate. You may be subject to additional terms and conditions that apply when You use third party Internet sites. You agree that You are responsible for reviewing and understanding any terms and conditions governing any third party Internet site and products and EIS has no responsibility therefore. This Agreement takes effect on Your first use of this Site, and it applies to all persons accessing the Site from Your computer, and to all persons using Your User ID, password or PIN. The headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and such headings are not to be used in determining the meaning or interpretation of these terms and conditions of use. You agree that this Agreement is not intended to and does not confer any rights on any persons other than Us and You and the third party beneficiaries referenced in this Section. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, unenforceable or void by applicable laws, the remaining portions shall continue in full force and effect. You may not assign this Agreement to someone else. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the provisions contained in Sections 3 (Account Creation), 12 (Ownership), 13 (No Warranty), 14 (Limitation of Liability), 15 (Applicable Law) and this Section 16 will survive termination of this Agreement and Your access to and use the Account and the information contained on this Site or provided by Us. Suppliers are third party beneficiaries under this Agreement.