Effective Date: February 1, 2019
- PROVIDERS OF EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT FOR FURLOUGHED GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES. Equifax Credit Report for Furloughed Government Employees (“Equifax Credit Report for Furloughed Government Employees” or “Product”) available via this Site is provided by Equifax Consumer Services LLC ("Equifax"). We may also partner with other companies ("Suppliers") to provide service features to you. Equifax and its Suppliers are referred to in this Agreement as "We," "Us," and "Our." You, the person visiting and utilizing this Site, are referred to as "You" or "Your".
- PERSONAL INFORMATION; AUTHORIZATION. As needed to provide the Product to You, You authorize and instruct Us to obtain, monitor, and compile Your: (i) credit information from Equifax Information Services LLC (“EIS”); (ii) "non-public personal information", "personal information", and/or "highly restricted personal information" about or concerning You as defined by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (15 U.S.C. sec 6801 et seq); and (iii) other personal information. By placing Your order You acknowledge and agree that Your access to the Product and any consumer credit information contained therein is subject to Your prior written authorization and Our verification of Your identity. As such, You understand and agree that by submitting Your order, You are providing "written instructions" in accordance with the FCRA for Us to obtain credit information about You from EIS and You hereby authorize Us to access Your personal credit information in order to provide the Product.
- REGISTRATION. You must complete the registration process to access the Products. We may use information from third-party sources, including your mobile carrier, to verify your identity. You may register for the Product from this Site only on behalf of Yourself and by doing so, You acknowledge and agree that it is illegal to order credit information about anyone else. By registering, You further certify that You are eighteen (18) years or older and that all of the information provided incident to Your registration is true, accurate, complete and up to date. You further agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions concerning Your use of the Product. We provide the Product and related information solely to assist You in understanding Your financial and credit status for Your personal benefit and You agree that You will not use the Product for any other purpose, especially a commercial purpose. You must also establish a user identification ("User ID"), password and personal identification number ("PIN") and You agree to keep them strictly confidential and not to share them with others.
- DESCRIPTION OF EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT FOR FURLOUGHED GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES; ELIGIBILITY. Federal government employees, contractors and family members impacted by the partial government shutdown between Saturday, December 22, 2018 and Friday, January 25, 2019 are eligible to sign up for the Product. The Product gives those eligible access to their EIS credit report (“Equifax Credit Report”) at no charge. Eligible individuals will be able to sign up for and use the service through April 25, 2019. After that date, access to the Product will terminate and eligible individuals will no longer have access to the Product, including any Equifax Credit Reports contained therein.
- CUSTOMER CARE. If you have questions, please contact our Customer Care Team from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time seven days a week at 1-866-807-7461.
- CHANGES TO EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT FOR FURLOUGHED GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND AGREEMENT. We may modify the Product, this Site (or any portion of the Product or the Site). We may amend this Agreement from time-to-time. When We amend this Agreement, We will post the amended Agreement on the Site. We will also send you an email alerting you that the Agreement has been amended. Your continued use of the Site or the Product constitutes Your acceptance of the amended Agreement. You also agree to an amended Agreement if you take other actions that demonstrate You have accepted the amended Agreement.
- PRODUCT AVAILABILITY. The Product may not be offered, applicable or available to You based on residency, age or other eligibility criteria or factors. In the event that the Product is not available at the time of enrollment, You will be notified during the course of the registration process and your registration will not be accepted. We reserve the right to reject Your Registration for any reason. By registering on this Site, You agree that We will not be liable to You for loss or damage that may result from Our rejection of any order that You may attempt to place.
- NO GUARANTEE OF PRODUCT AVAILABILITY. Because of the nature of Internet and online communications, this Site or the Product may not perform as intended despite Our efforts, those of Your Internet service provider, and You. We do not guarantee uninterrupted or error free operation of the Product or this Site. From time-to-time, technical issues may also result in the unavailability of or disruption of the Product or Product features. In addition, Your use of the Product that is excessive or in a manner not contemplated by this Agreement may also result in the Product not performing as intended despite Our efforts. We will use reasonable efforts to maintain operation of the Site and availability of the Product at all times. If there is a system error or other problem concerning the Product, You agree to promptly notify Us of the same.
- PRIVACY. By submitting Your order, You acknowledge receipt of Our Privacy Notice and acknowledge that We may use and share Your personal information in accordance with Our Privacy Notice.
- OWNERSHIP. This Site contains copyrighted material and any information that You retrieve is copyrighted by its owner. You may not remove, alter or cover any copyright or other proprietary notices placed on this site or on products or related materials acquired through this site. We, collectively or individually, retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in the Product and this Site, including without limitation any information, materials, text, graphics, images, logos, site design, and the selection, assembly, and arrangement of the Site ("content"). The content may not be copied, distributed, displayed, modified, reproduced, performed, published or reverse engineered in whole or in part without Our prior written permission.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CREDIT FILE. EIS is the nationwide consumer reporting agency that maintains the credit file used to provide the Product. Any questions or disputes regarding the accuracy of any information in Your EIS Credit Report must be directed to, and will be handled by, EIS. EIS IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO GIVE YOU A COPY OF YOUR CONSUMER DISCLOSURE (SOMETIMES REFERRED TO AS A CREDIT REPORT) UPON REQUEST, AT NO CHARGE OR FOR A NOMINAL FEE. IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR EIS CONSUMER DISCLOSURE CONTAINS INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION, YOU MAY REQUEST, AT NO CHARGE TO YOU, THAT EIS RESEARCH THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN YOUR EIS CONSUMER DISCLOSURE. Further, if You believe or suspect that You have been the victim of identity theft, You may request, at no charge to you, that EIS place an alert on Your EIS credit report. To dispute information or place an alert in Your credit file, You may contact EIS at the number on Your EIS consumer disclosure, or You may contact Us and we will transfer or direct you to the appropriate EIS representative. To obtain more information about Your rights, go to the Credit Education Page on Our Site and click on "Summary of FCRA Rights."
ADDITIONAL CONSUMER REPORT RELATED DISCLOSURES. You have a right to obtain a free copy of your consumer disclosure once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer reporting agencies. To request your free annual consumer disclosure, you may go to www.annualcreditreport.com, or call 1-877-322-8228, or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281. You can obtain additional copies of your consumer disclosure from a consumer reporting agency, for which you may be charged a reasonable fee. There is no fee, however, if you have been turned down for credit, employment, insurance, or a rental dwelling because of information in your credit file within the preceding 60 days. The consumer reporting agency must provide someone to help you interpret the information in your credit file. You are entitled to receive a free copy of your consumer disclosure if you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the next 60 days, if you are a recipient of public welfare assistance, or if you have reason to believe that there is inaccurate information in your credit report due to fraud. For more information You may also contact the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") by calling the FTC toll free - 1-877-FTC-HELP or visit their website: www.ftc.gov. In addition, the states of MA, VT, CO, NJ, MD and ME permit consumers to obtain one credit report per consumer reporting agency per year, free of charge and the state of GA permits consumers to obtain two credit reports per consumer reporting agency per year, free of charge. The Product is not intended to substitute for any free credit report or disclosure that any credit reporting agency or bureau is required by law to provide to You
- NO WARRANTY. NEITHER WE, NOR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATED CREDIT BUREAUS ("AFFILIATED PERSON(S)") WARRANT THE CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF ANY PRODUCT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY PRODUCT IN ANY WAY. THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS MADE.
TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW DISALLOWS ANY DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT, SUCH DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATED PERSONS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE PRODUCT OR THE SITE. THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS.
- APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement and its enforcement shall be governed by the laws of the state in which You most recently told Equifax You live according to Equifax’s records, without regard to conflict of law principles.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN US. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and Us regarding the Product and information contained on or acquired through this Site or provided by Us, including through other linked third party Internet sites. In the event that this Agreement shall be translated into any language other than English, then the English language version of the Agreement shall control. This Site may contain hyperlinks or other references to third party Internet sites that Equifax does not own or operate. You may be subject to additional terms and conditions that apply when You use third party Internet sites. You agree that You are responsible for reviewing and understanding any terms and conditions governing any third party Internet site and products and Equifax has no responsibility therefore. This Agreement takes effect on Your first use of this Site, and it applies to all persons accessing the Site from Your computer, and to all persons using Your User ID, password or PIN. The headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and such headings are not to be used in determining the meaning or interpretation of these terms and conditions of use. You agree that this Agreement is not intended to and does not confer any rights on any persons other than Us and You and the third party beneficiaries referenced in this Section. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, unenforceable or void by applicable laws, the remaining portions shall continue in full force and effect. You may not assign this Agreement or the Product to someone else. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the provisions contained in Sections 3 (Registration), 11 (Ownership), 14 (No Warranty), 15 (Limitation of Liability), 16 (Applicable Law) and this Section 17 will survive termination of this Agreement and Your access to and use of the Product and the information contained on this Site or provided by Us. Suppliers are third party beneficiaries under this Agreement.