How do I check my credit score?
There are a few ways you can check your credit score:
- Purchase a credit score directly from a national credit reporting agency (CRA) or other provider;
- Consult your financial institution or credit card lender to determine if they offer a credit score; or
- Use a credit score service.
If you want to obtain your credit report, here are two important things you should know:
- Federal law requires each of the three nationwide credit reporting agencies (CRAs) - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion – to give you a free credit report every 12 months if you ask for it; and
- You can request a free copy of your credit report by visiting annualcreditreport.com