Knowledge Center

How to dispute information on your credit report

Found something incomplete or inaccurate on your credit report? Learn more about the dispute process. [Duration- 2:27]

What you will learn:

  • You're entitled to a free copy of your credit report every 12 months from each nationwide credit bureau by visiting
  • Check your personal information carefully on your credit reports
  • The information you are disputing should be incomplete, inaccurate or the result of fraud
  • Once you file a dispute, you should receive a response within 30 days

To file a dispute with Equifax, you can create a myEquifax account. Visit our dispute page to learn other ways you can file a dispute. By creating an account, you will get six free Equifax credit reports each year. 

Free Credit Score

Get your free credit score today!

We get it, credit scores are important. A monthly free credit score & Equifax credit report are available with Equifax Core CreditTM. No credit card required.

Learn More