From bank data to Social Security numbers to health ID numbers, Equifax products help better monitor sensitive consumer credit and identity information** with:
- Equifax credit information
- Identity theft protection features that help monitor consumers’ personal and financial information
- Equifax Credit File Lock feature
- Lost Wallet, which helps users to cancel and replace personal materials
- Email (or physical mail) breach notifications
- Identity theft insurance
- A Tier 1 Resolution Call Center
Additional features include:
- Address Refresh: When addresses are old or incomplete
- Letter Shop / Mail Services: Printing and mailing of consumer notification letters
- Data Breach Help Line (Tier 1): A call center that responds to consumer questions about the event and available products
**Please note, credit monitoring and identity theft protection features vary per breach product
Although a staggering 43% of companies have experienced a data breach in the past year, only 30% of employees surveyed indicated that they felt their organization was “effective or very effective” at creating a data breach response plan. 1
Equifax Breach Products are designed to deploy quickly, which can save you critical time should you experience a breach before you’ve had a chance to line up a planned response.
Since 2005, Equifax has partnered with a variety of businesses to respond to their data incidents, and offers planning and response engagement models and three different product configuration options.
1Identity theft insurance is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida or its affiliates. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.