Discretionary Spending Index (DSI) is a continuous household-based score of 1 to 1000 that ranks households by likely spending capacity and spending behaviors. It enables marketers to rank customers and prospects by estimated spending power.
DSI can be used alone or incorporated into models where consumer spending is a factor. Marketers can use DSI to enhance account management, identify cross-sell opportunities, and provide appropriate offers.
- Measures and ranks the estimated discretionary spending power of consumers
- Segments, differentiates, and targets customers and prospects with a household-level continuous score
- Includes summary factors produced from IXI Services' proprietary database of consumer investable assets
- Developed for use in non-FCRA applications across the customer lifecycle
Applying Discretionary Spending Index to Your Business
- Drive sales and revenue by better understanding who may have the ability to buy and focusing marketing efforts accordingly
- Up-sell and cross-sell to current customers who are able to buy more with you
- Create enticing and relevant offers
- Analyze markets based on the spending levels and capacity of residents
- Inform merchandising mix decisions with a clearer picture of how much residents in different markets can likely afford
- Identify prospects for long term agreements
- Enhance account acquisition by expanding the universe of potential customers
Discretionary Spending Index HD is a new offering from Equifax that provides high-performance scoring of household spending capacity while addressing internal responsible banking practice issues. If you are interested in this robust discretionary spending capacity information, please view the product sheet or contact us.