Equifax Credit Information Services Private Limited (ECIS) captures and maintains information of only the activities performed by the user on EPORT https://eport.equifax.co.in as per the requirements of the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005 ("CIC Act, 2005"), Credit Information Companies Rules, 2006 ("CIC Rules, 2006") and the Credit Information Companies Regulations, 2006 ("CIC Regulation, 2006"), (together referred to as "CIC Laws"). We do not collect any personal information of the visitors to this website.
Information about consumers/borrowers collected by ECIS through its members is governed by the CIC Laws and such information shall be related to:
- the amounts and the nature of loans or advances, amounts outstanding under credit cards and other credit facilities granted or to be granted by accredit institution to any borrower;
- the nature of security taken or proposed to be taken by a credit institution from any borrower for credit facilities granted or proposed to be granted to him;
- the guarantee furnished or any other non-fund based facility granted or proposed to be granted by a credit institution for any of its borrowers;
- the creditworthiness of any borrower of a credit institution;
and such information may only be used for the purpose identified in the CIC Laws. Typically this includes:
- to verify a consumers identity
- to provide a consumer's credit history/financial profile to a lender who approaches ECIS for this information as required by the CIC Laws
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
ECIS has a policy in place with regard to the collection, processing and collating of data and credit information as well as for ensuring protection of such information. Our security practices and procedures designed to protect such information from unauthorised access, damage, use, modification, disclosure or impairment as set out in the CIC Laws. Our information security policy contains managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with the information assets being protected with the nature of our business.
Should you like to confirm the accuracy of the information we have collected from you, or if you have questions about the uses of this information, you can also send a written request to Equifax Credit Information Services Pvt Ltd, Office no 2, Ground Floor, Lotus Estate, Madhusudhan Mill, Shankar Rao Naram Path, Near Peninsula Corporate Park, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013 and such information can be provided to you, subject to satisfactory identification.