Equifax provides UK utilities companies with powerful products and services to maximise your profitability. We can help you set appropriate rates for your customers and reduce churn and exposure to fraud and debtor risk.
Find new customers
Thanks to our years of data collection, Equifax is perfectly placed to help you find the best prospective customers for your business and choose how best to market to them.
- Analyse your prospect data and prioritise those individuals most likely to buy.
- Discover who to target, when and how to communicate for the best return on your marketing spend.
- Make the most of your customer data by eliminating errors and filling in gaps.
Acquire new customers
Make your application process faster and simpler for new customers. Improve your business's protection from fraud and bad debt. With Equifax, the two go hand in hand.
- Assess new customers' current and likely future financial stability; verify identities in real-time to mitigate against potential fraud.
- Rapidly and accurately make complex decisions, such the best tariff and handset combination, length of contract, and payment method for each new customer.
- Show your commitment to meeting legal requirements like data protection and anti-money laundering by hardwiring compliance into your acquisition process.
Your customers are your greatest asset. Understanding them as individuals and as a group, as customers and as people, is the key to maximising their value.
- Identify who can best afford upgrades and add-ons, and how different customers are likely to react to different offers or messages.
- Identify forwarding addresses and other contact details for customers you're in danger of losing.
- Monitor individuals for credit limit changes, CCJs and other changes that affect their value as customers.
Collect and recover
Whether you're collecting debt or selling it on, Equifax can help you evaluate what you're owed and how best to go about recovering it.
- Gauge whether debtors can't pay or won't pay, so you can determine the best collection strategy.
- Identify forwarding addresses and other contact details for lost and elusive debtors.
- Calculate an accurate purchase price for a book of debt.
"As the level of losses from bad debt rises as a consequence of the economic downturn, it is vital that we find ways to improve our understanding of our customers' financial commitments, as well as trace gone-aways. Having worked with Equifax for a number of years, we already have a very good understanding of how credit data can support our debt collection strategies."Jamie Gibson, Debt Strategy Manager, Severn Trent Water