- Reduces merchant risk of "card not present" transactions such as Internet and telephone orders
- Lowers fraud-related costs, such as charge-back fees, merchandise costs, and recovery efforts
- Cuts time and cost of manual investigations via an automated verification process
- Improves customer service by approving orders and transactions quickly
- Avoids data entry errors early, eliminating costly corrections later on
How It Works
Harnessing the power of our national SafeScan database, QuickMatch allows you to perform credit card or address verification inquiries via the Internet or a system-to-system connection. It verifies the credit card account number and home address information by comparing key identification data against the data contained in Equifax's Consumer Credit database. This helps confirm that a rightful owner has presented the card, whereas in the past, credit card verification was limited to identifying a valid credit card in good standing. This left merchants few means to prevent credit card fraud, especially during "card not present" transactions.