Protect your business by minimising potential risks from impersonation and information misrepresentation.
Identity theft and fraud is more prevalent today than it has ever been. With both identity take-over and information misrepresentation to deal with, and fraud-related costs for businesses in the UK totalling £2–3 billion every year, fraud is anissue that transcends competition.
Equifax has the tools to identify, monitor and assess potential fraudulent behaviour and transactions, whether your customers are businesses or consumers.
Why choose Equifax?
We can help you:
- Spot attempts on your business by known serial fraudsters or fraud rings, by cross-referencing details against official records
- Gauge the risk of an individual or business behaving fraudulently – for instance, by combining data sources to highlight hidden associations between businesses, their directors and shareholders
- Access powerful data sources, including our proprietary and industry-syndicated consumer fraud databases, to validate and cross-reference customer-supplied information – removing any reliance you may have on customers filling out applications truthfully
- Define, set-up and deploy decision-making rules to help you avoid doing business with fraudsters
- • check that consumers are who they say are and that they actually exist
- Enhance and automate your fraud prevention strategies so that you can work smarter, minimise losses, enhance your customers' experience, and reduce investigation expenses.
Access Equifax fraud data via our complete suite of delivery services online, off-line, system interfaces of via simulation.
"The National Fraud Authority Annual Fraud Indicator shows that the total loss from Local Government fraud is £2.1 billion a year. Furthermore, the multi-agency strategic plan Fighting Fraud Together states, ‘…the costs of fraud cannot be measured solely in terms of monetary loss. The effects permeate throughout society."The National Fraud Authority